Getting SQLite to work in Windows Phone 8 apps

Here’s yet another issue that took some time to figure out, so I’m writing it down!

If you create a Windows Phone 8 project in Visual Studio and want to use SQLite, it was not at all obvious what libraries, downloads, SDK’s, or nuget packages I need. In fact, you can safely conclude that the entire SQLite project is one of the most unorganized messes in the IT Industry!! Ok, maybe not that extreme – but it is a MESS!

So, I’ve been using the SQLite.NET-PCL stuff found here on Git: https://github.com/oysteinkrog/SQLite.Net-PCL (and the NuGet packages are here: http://www.nuget.org/profiles/oystein.krog)

There is a NuGet package for every Xamarin platform, AND you can have most of your code in a PCL. That’s great!

Well, Windows Store apps worked easy enough, but when I tried using this with Windows Phone, I got an error. In fact, I opened an issue on GitHub with all of the details:

WP8: The specified module could not be found
https://github.com/oysteinkrog/SQLite.Net-PCL/issues/46

What was the answer? Well, in short, you have to add the SQLite library from this screen in Add References:

image

so under the Windows Phone section, THEN Extensions. If you do that, and are using the following NuGet packages:

<packages>
  <package id="SQLite.Net.Platform.WindowsPhone8" version="2.3.0" targetFramework="wp80" />
  <package id="SQLite.Net-PCL" version="2.3.0" targetFramework="wp80" />
  <package id="sqlite-net-wp8" version="3.8.5" targetFramework="wp80" />
</packages>

.csharpcode, .csharpcode pre
{
font-size: small;
color: black;
font-family: consolas, “Courier New”, courier, monospace;
background-color: #ffffff;
/*white-space: pre;*/
}
.csharpcode pre { margin: 0em; }
.csharpcode .rem { color: #008000; }
.csharpcode .kwrd { color: #0000ff; }
.csharpcode .str { color: #006080; }
.csharpcode .op { color: #0000c0; }
.csharpcode .preproc { color: #cc6633; }
.csharpcode .asp { background-color: #ffff00; }
.csharpcode .html { color: #800000; }
.csharpcode .attr { color: #ff0000; }
.csharpcode .alt
{
background-color: #f4f4f4;
width: 100%;
margin: 0em;
}
.csharpcode .lnum { color: #606060; }

I believe that’s all you need. This is what fixed that:

“The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)”

Error message I was getting.

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Mobile, Uncategorized, WindowsPhone

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Archives
Categories

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 9 other followers

%d bloggers like this: