There are a lot of professional organizations out there, but why join one? Well, there are a few reasons:
- Stay connected with what’s going on in the industry
- Get significant discounts to IT-related products and events
In particular, one organization I joined a while ago was Information Systems Audit and Control Association, or ISACA. This organization in particular puts out a tremendous amount of information, and here are some of their benefits:
- ISACA e-Library — Search and browse content of books from ISACA and third-party publishers in a new online collection specifically customized for ISACA members; powered by Books24x7. Try it out at www.isaca.org/elibrary.
- COBIT® Quickstart — Complimentary member download —$55 value. Obtain your copy from www.isaca.org/cobit.
- COBIT® Online FULL subscription discount of 75%—SAVINGS of $150 off the regular member price. Visit www.isaca.org/cobitonline.
- Enhanced Career Centre — Access more than 500 jobs targeted to your skills, more robust tools for job-seekers and a new section for freelance work. Visit www.isaca.org/careercentre.
- Free CPE reference guide — This handy reference details how to obtain 52 FREE CPEs through ISACA. See www.isaca.org/cpe.
- EuroCACS and North America CACS Online — Take the opportunity to experience conference sessions online and earn valuable CPE credits at www.isaca.org/elearning.
- Employer ROI — Demonstrate the value of ISACA membership to your employer. Ensure Success for Your Enterprise is a quick guide to the ROI an enterprise receives by investing in your ISACA membership and/or certification. Download from www.isaca.org/roi.
(I got this list from a recent e-mail). Of particular interest to me is that eLibary – that alone, is a tremendous value! I’ve enjoyed my membership with ISACA and would recommend it too, they offer a lot of great content and discounts on conferences